Provided by: Splio
Third-party system: E-commerce
Splio scope: Loyalty, Loyalty Web Kit
Our Shopify Rewards app will let you easily sync Splio Rewards and Shopify Discounts. To sync data from your Shopify Store to Splio, please check the Splio Shopify App article.
Before reading this article, we recommend you read our article on Loyalty data and our article on Rewards.
A Splio Project Manager will help you in the setup process to make it the smoothest for you.
Before starting the setup, you will need to:
You have to create a Custom app named “Splio Reward” (check the how-to in the Shopify help center).
Scope: pricerules and discount codes, on which you need to give Splio the reading and writing rights
Data Synchronization scope
Shopify discount classes
On the various discount classes available on Shopify, our Rewards app covers three:
- order discounts
- product discounts
- shipping discounts
The "buy X get Y" discount type is not supported. To know more about this topic, please read Shopify documentation.
Splio rewards custom fields
The following custom fields will be created on the Rewards table during the setup:
- is_shopify_reward: parameter to enable the discount code generation feature (set to 1).
- shp_renew_stock_threshold: limit of assignable discount codes to a reward
- shp_discounts_min_amount: the minimum order amount to use the discount code
- shp_free_shipping_max_amount: the maximum shipping fees amount for a free shipping discount
- shp_discounts_min_quantity: the minimum number of products in an order to be eligible for a discount
- shp_discounts_entitled_product_ids: discount on a list of Shopify product IDs
- shp_discounts_entitled_variant_ids: discount on a list of Shopify product variants IDs
- shp_discounts_entitled_collection_ids: discount on a collection of Shopify products
- shp_shipping_line: this parameter should be set to 1 to enable free shipping (it will override the other discount types)
Never delete or rename such a custom field to avoid breaking the data synchronization process.
Discount code generation
For each master reward using the custom fields, the app will generate new discount codes in Shopify if the code stock is inferior to the shp_renew_stock_threshold defined during the setup. The frequency of this generation can be personalized depending on your needs.
Granting rewards based on Splio Loyalty rules
For each reward attribution granted to a Loyalty member in Splio, the app will use the pricerule in Shopify to grant a discount code matching the reward attribution ID in Splio.
Burning rewards in the Shopify checkout process
Each time a Loyalty member proceeds to a checkout, he can use the discount codes granted beforehand. If it is done, the app will burn the attribution reward in Splio, making it impossible to use it again.
The earned and burned rewards are visible for each member in the Loyalty Web Kit reward history if installed on your Shopify.