Rewards are part of the Splio Loyalty module. They are gifts that your loyalty members can get and use on special occasions: subscription, birthday, purchase, tier upgrade, or completion of an event.
We have released a new reward system in April 2021.
The main benefits are :
- Coupons/items (types) are no longer relevant and are now replaced by instances. You can also use coupons without the Loyalty module with the Couponing option.
- Real-time: your customer's rewards are granted instantly when the event occurs.
- Uploading stock: This can be used if you want to put a limited amount of possible attributions
- One API call
Understanding the master reward
The master reward can be created in the platform, with API or Datahub. Once created, the name, the holding and validity period can be edited, but the attributions and other parameters cannot.
If we think of the master reward as a “father”, it will be generating “children”, which we will identify as instances first and will then become granted rewards. They will have a unique code that will prevent fraud.
- reward instances: are still waiting to be granted to a card code.
- granted reward: are assigned to a card code and can be:
- Granted > granted to a card code but not used
- Used > used by the customer
- Expired > expired before it could be burned
- Pending > if there is a holding period when granted
Positioning of rewards in Splio
Rewards can be found in different parts of the platform:
- Contact’s history: overview of all-time reward history. You can also grant a reward manually.
- Rules: the reward can be selected as an outcome of a loyalty rule, combined with granting NQ/Q points.
- Filters: you can either create a filter on the reward’s scope and add it to a contact’s filter or, alternatively, a contact filter retrieving the reward’s info.
- Scenario: the reward can be added as a sequence of a manual or automatic scenario. This is a workaround when reward granting is not possible with the existing rules conditions.
- Design: you can use rewards loops to personalize your design and display the code that can be used for redemption: $reward.attributiion_ID$.
Creating a reward
When creating a reward, you shall enter a few mandatory info:
- Name / Description (optional)
- External ID = It can link your rewards to your systems/applications
- Customer cost = the amount of non-qualifying (NQ) points decremented when the reward is granted
- Stock = unlimited/limited
- Company Cost = is the price of the reward on the customer’s side. You shall choose type, either % or monetary value
- Holding period = when the reward is granted but can't be used yet
- Validity period = 1 year by default
- Reward’s auto-generation = Splio will automatically generate a reward code for every granted reward
A master reward is not linked to a specific program in the universe. Therefore, you can grant this reward to any member of any program.
Uploading rewards is an action feasible through API, but you can also upload them manually in the platform.
See below the process step-by-step:
If the reward is not auto-generated and has a limited stock, you can upload your personalized codes directly from the platform instead of using the API
Acceptable files must be in a CSV (UTF-8 encoding) format
You can drag and drop or browse a file to upload (1 file at a time)
The upload is limited to 100,000 rewards (equivalent to around 1MB)
The codes are unique per universe and not per reward (i.e. if you added "mycode101", it would be unique across that universe and you cannot upload the same one again for a different reward)
The CSV file must have 1 column and the personalized code names need to be in this column
Once the file is uploaded you can grant your personalized codes to contacts
As this manual process is asynchronous, it is currently not possible to display what has been uploaded in real-time, for that you will need to refresh the page.