Splio’s Sales Tracker provides resources for Splio Customers or Partners to link a campaign sent from a Splio universe or Forward to the associated sales, executed on the customer’s side.
The Sales Tracker is an invisible picture placed on the final confirmation page of payment on your website. The picture, which has neither width nor height, is connected to Splio’s tracking server.
You only need to set-up two parameters to make it work: your universe’s name and purchase amount as shown in the example below.
There is no action to be made on Splio’s side, you can start using this feature right away. For assistance, please contact Splio support
URL: United Resource Locator
SSL: Secured Socket Layer
How does it work? When your recipient clicks on a link in the newsletter, we add cookies to its local Internet client. The cookies contain the following information:
- ID of the customer without any personal information
- Campaign ID of the newsletter clicked
- URL ID of the link clicked
When the purchase is made, the tracker registers the total value of the basket provided into the https request and matches it with the email address, campaign ID and URL ID.
The campaign’s turnover is then available and displayed within the universe.
Statistics available with the tracker:
Once the tracker is activated, the following statistics will be available in your Splio universe:
- Total purchases by campaign
- Total value (turnover) by campaign
- Total purchases by user
- Total value (turnover) by user
- Turnover generated per link *
You will also be able to segment users with the total purchases amount. *
* Only available to campaigns sent from Splio platform (not FORWARD).
The request to post is:
<img src="https://s3s.fr/sales.php?universe=myuniverse&amount=10000.00&id=123456abcd width="0" height="0" border="0" alt=""/>
The example above will:
- add 10000.00 to the campaign growth revenue
- add 10000.00 to the customer’s database value
- add 1 transaction to the campaign’s total transactions
- add 1 transaction to the customer’s transactions sum
- create a separate entry for the sales tracker call
Note: the last link used within the Campaign Newsletter is kept for tracing.
|universe=||Name of your Splio
|Your Splio UNIVERSE|
|amount=||Purchase value||Total purchase value.
The amount value string must not
contain any currency symbol nor
The decimal separator can be adot
or a comma.
|id=||Unique transaction ID||A unique transaction ID has to be
provided in order to avoid double
posting of the same purchase
transaction (in case the buyer
refreshes the purchase confirmation
Splio’s Sales Tracker is operating in silent mode, and hence, does not return any status code. Only the image is returned.
You also need to enable the cookie in Admin – Privacy settings
All requests have to use the https protocol.