Splio’s Sales Tracker gives you the opportunity to link a campaign sent from a Splio universe or SMTP Relay to the associated sales. The Sales Tracker is an invisible picture placed on the final confirmation page of payment on your website (note that it can be placed on as many pages as you wish). The picture, which has neither width nor height, is connected to Splio’s tracking server.
There is no action to be made on Splio’s side and you can start using this feature right away.
If you require assistance, feel free to contact our Customer Care team.
You only need to set up two parameters to make it work and enable the cookie in Admin>Privacy>Settings.
- your universe’s name
- the purchase amount (as shown in the example below).
URL: United Resource Locator
SSL: Secured Socket Layer
- When a recipient clicks on a link in the newsletter, we add cookies to the local Internet client. They contain the following information:
- ID of the customer without any personal information
- Campaign ID of the newsletter clicked
- URL ID of the link clicked
- When the purchase is made, the tracker registers the total value of the order provided into the https request and matches it with the email address, campaign ID and URL ID.
- The campaign’s turnover is then available and displayed within the universe.
If the cookie is accepted, the sales is always linked to the last campaign clicked. It means that if your clients completes their purchase after clicking in two different links on two different campaigns, the revenue will be attributed to the last campaign clicked.
Statistics available with the tracker:
Once the tracker is activated, the following statistics will be available in your Splio universe:
- Total purchases by campaign
- Total value (turnover) by campaign
- Total purchases by user
- Total value (turnover) by user
- Turnover generated per link *
*You will also be able to segment users with the total purchases amount. (Only available to campaigns sent from Splio platform, not SMTP Relay)
Please note that there will be some discrepancies between the results you are seeing in your Google Analytics metrics & with the Splio Sales Tracker. This is due to the fact that Google Analytics is using first-party data to make its sales' analysis whereas our Sales Tracker is using only third-party data, therefore, we can only track visitors who have accepted cookies. We strongly recommend that you use the ROI feature available on our platform when possible.
For more information on this, please speak to your Splio contact.
The request to post is:
<img src="https://s3s.fr/sales.php?universe=myuniverse&amount=10000.00&id=123456abcd" width="0" height="0" border="0" alt=""/>
The example above will:
- add 10000.00 € to the campaign growth revenue
- add 10000.00 € to the customer’s database value
- add 1 transaction to the campaign’s total transactions
- add 1 transaction to the customer’s transactions sum
The last link used within the Campaign Newsletter is kept for tracing.
|universe=||Name of your Splio
|Your Splio UNIVERSE|
|amount=||Purchase value||Total purchase value.
The amount value string must not
contain any currency symbol nor
The decimal separator can be adot
or a comma.
|id=||Unique transaction ID||A unique transaction ID has to be
provided in order to avoid double
posting of the same purchase
transaction (in case the buyer
refreshes the purchase confirmation
Splio’s Sales Tracker is operating in silent mode, and hence, does not return any status code. Only the image is returned.
All requests have to use the https protocol.
If you want to find out more information on how to insert custom trackers in your email designs, you can refer to our article on this topic here.