From the Data module, you will be able to upload your database but also edit contact or sales data manually (such as your stores and products) and manage your email and SMS blacklists.
Contacts activity in Data > Contacts > Activity is displaying each contact's activity within the last 90 days (email received, clicked etc...).
- Deleting a contact
- Blacklists management
- Email blacklists
- SMS blacklists
- Manually unsubscribing contacts from a list
- Is it possible to synchronize blacklists of the SMTP relay and a Splio universe?
Deleting a contact
If for GDPR reasons you are asked by a customer to delete their data, it is possible to do so in the platform. You can either delete a contact manually (if this is a one-shot request) as shown below:
Data > Contacts > Search for the contact > Options > Delete
Alternatively you can also use our SFTP or API to do this type of requests in batch. You will find more information on how to delete contacts using Datahub here.
When deleting a contact, this will delete him/her from the database, however if this person is present in the blacklist, he/she will not be removed from it.
5 email blacklists and 3 SMS blacklists are available within Splio. Contacts will be added to a blacklist automatically when one of the below behaviour is identified by Splio.
- Spam complaints: email contacts reporting your emails as Spam from their email clients.
- Hard bounces: any email contact that has a permanent response such as email no longer exists will go into the hard bounce blacklist.
- Soft bounces: any email that has not been able to enter the inbox within three consecutive weeks and after three consecutive attempts will go into the soft bounce blacklist.
- Unsubscribed contacts: when an email contact has unsubscribed from a list using the relevant link.
- Custom email blacklist: any email contact added manually.
- Custom SMS blacklist: any SMS contact added manually.
- STOP * / Unsubscribes : any SMS contact that unsubscribes from all lists.
- Non existing or invalid: SMS equivalent to the email hard bounce.
Manually unsubscribing contacts from a list
It is also possible to manually remove a contact from one of your list from DATA > Lists where you will be able to view, add, edit or delete memberships for a contact.
Splio lets you create up to 64 lists.
When removing a contact manually from a list, the contact will still exist in the database and will appear as greyed out in the overall contact list.
Is it possible to synchronize blacklists of the SMTP relay and a Splio universe?
Splio universe blacklists are separate from the SMTP Relay because usually a user who no longer wants to receive marketing emails may still want to receive transactional emails (example password change emails). In specific cases, it may be interesting to synchronize all blacklists but is it possible from a technical aspect?
Yes, synchronization of blacklists is possible if you link the two universes. The SMTP blacklisted contacts are included in the unsubscribe blacklist. You need to speak to your Splio contact to perform this change.
For more information on data retention, you can refer to our dedicated article here.