This article will guide you through creating a simple manual email campaign.
- Campaign name, category and operation code
- Target calculation and population
- Action configuration/add a sequence
- Access to statistics
- Submission speed
- Refresh population count
- Behavior of the platform with the activation of this option
Before creating a campaign, make sure you have all the following prerequisites: (1) Target(s) - you have created your filter(s) or uploaded temporary files to use with your campaign. (2) Design(s) - you need to create your designs first to use in your campaign.
1. Campaign name, category and operation code
It is important to know and use wisely the below settings as they can enable you to be more efficient when it comes to retargeting campaigns and reporting. Note that you can use the magnifying glass to later re-use your operation codes and campaign categories.
- Campaign name: is the name of your campaign that will be displayed in all lists (mandatory).
- Operation code: the code of your marketing operation. Use the same code for all campaigns within your operation.
- Campaign category: specify a category for your campaign if you wish to do precise re-targeting.
2. Target calculation and population
After selecting your population, Splio performs a series of important operations:
- Blacklisted addresses are removed;
- All filters, lists, and groups are deduplicated using the email address (if more than one was included);
- All excluded addresses are removed from the population.
Your campaign is now saved. You may leave this page now and come back to it later. You can find your campaign in the Unfinished campaigns section.
3. Action configuration/adding a sequence
When you open your campaign again (or wait until the calculation is done), the Campaign scenario tab will show the total recipients number. Campaigns may consist from many actions. However, it is the first action which is required to make the campaign valid. When sending an ad-hoc campaign, only the first action will be required.
Access to statistics (optional)
Here you can choose users who will be able to access the statistics of this campaign. Only users with stats profiles are listed.
When sending your first campaign, you can use the seed list which contains additional recipients (usually colleagues) who will receive the message at the same time as your recipients will.
The control group is necessary for ROI calculation. For more details on your campaign ROI, refer to our dedicated article.
Submission speed (optional)
If you wish to, you can limit the number of messages sent each hour to spread out your marketing pressure more evenly. It can be useful if you want to spread out your sending.
This option is used for ramp-up or split targeting campaigns and for big campaigns which may result in a traffic overload on your website.
Refresh population count (only on manual campaigns)
This option is only available for filters on manual campaigns and allows you to create and launch campaign scenarios in advance with a population that will freshly recalculated at the moment of sending. Usually, a campaign population is calculated once, at the time of the launch.
Splio actually begins the recalculation about 10 minutes in advance. Never use this option with campaigns which will be sent immediately after creation. If you do so, you will actually force Splio to calculate your population twice, which may cause delays, (especially if you have used complex filters), or even cancelations.
Behavior of the platform with the activation of this option
It's important to point out here that enabling the recalculation option will actually duplicate a new campaign and cancel the original campaign when sending. You will therefore be able to see later in the preview of the list of campaigns, that your campaign has been duplicated. This is normal behavior of the platform.