In the Data, Target, and Scenario modules, you will find an Export button on many pages, allowing you to export all data you may need in other tools, such as Business Intelligence platforms. Splio allows you to do standard exports for contacts, lists and blacklists, sales data, Target filters, Loyalty points/rewards, and campaign events. If you need to export specific data, or in a specific format, please get in touch with our Managed Services Team.
How can I use my data exports?
- You can use this feature to do a manual check of your data, for example, to verify if a test contact is included in a filter.
- You can also synchronise Splio data with other systems. For example, some clients may use the filter export to feed data into a distributed marketing tool like Digitaleo.
- At last, you can use exports to build analytics on your database. The best way would be to consolidate all customer-related events within a CDP or Data Lake to create:
- a customer scoring such ask RFM segmentation
- some customer knowledge such as Marketing Pressure aggregates
- a re-targeting indicator for advertising
- interactions records for customer service
- deliverability audit and monitoring
Exporting files on your computer
You can find the export button in:
- Data: main contacts page, lists and blacklists, sales data pages, as well as Loyalty rewards and points history on the individual contact page (with the tools button)
Note that contacts who do not belong to any list will be excluded from the export.
- Target: in the filters and group pages
Note that the total number of contacts from a filter export will differ from the number of contacts displayed in the overview of the filter. This is because contacts who do not belong to a list will not be shown in the filter overview but will be present in the filter export.
- in the manual, automatic and trigger campaigns lists for campaign events
- in manual and automatic campaigns as a step for exporting recipients to a server.
When you use the export button and choose the file export, an email will be sent to you with a link to download a ZIP archive containing a file of the format of your choosing. If you are not logged into Splio when downloading the export, Splio will ask you to log in.
If needed, you can automate your exports by scheduling them on your desired hour/frequency and saving them directly in Report > Scheduled exports.
You can choose between two export modes:
- "Download link" will generate a punctual export, which will be sent directly to your email address with a link to download it.
- "Server" will allow you to choose the server you had previously added in Servers Admin section, thus launching an automated scheduled export, which will be saved directly onto your server. To know more about this feature, read Exporting data to servers.
You can also use the Scenario mechanism to automate exports. If you do so, all exported data is stored in a chosen SFTP location. This feature is available in manual and automatic campaign scenarios.
This feature is a beta, and not activated on all universes. We can activate it on demand. Do not attempt to use it within trigger campaigns.
You need to choose an SFTP server where the exported data will be stored. You can add a new server if it is not in the list. See Exporting data to servers for instructions.
Click "validate" to continue. You can either save your scenario or add another sequence with action. The real power of this action is that you can automate the extraction of the campaign's recipients, for example:
- openers after an email action
- loyalty members after a reward attribution
- the periodic automatic export of any population selected in a Target filter, without any previous action.
If your export has been planned after an email send out within the same campaign, we recommend to set an export date that will be a few hours / days after the email action in order for your recipients to have time to react before you can analyse data.
The difference between a scheduled export of a filter in Target and an automatic export in Scenario using the same filter is that in the first case, the blacklist will be included, and in the second, it will not.
In Report > Schelduled Exports, you can export all or specific campaign events. They include emails sent, openings, clicks as well as email unsubscribes.
They are especially useful for reactivity monitoring. All campaign types (one-shot, specific, auto, trigger, triggered campaigns in Campaigns) are included in these events exports.
In the blacklists, you have the choice to export the whole list or only the new contacts.
This incremental export allows you to synchronise the blacklist with other tools, and to make advanced deliverability analysis.