WeChat designs are intended for sending via the WeChat communicator. They come in two types called Text and News.
- WeChat Text designs contain a short text, making them similar to SMS designs.
- WeChat News designs consist of links to external articles with titles, digests, and preview images.
Note that messages sent through WeChat cannot be personalized: the WeChat platforms requires that all recipients always have to receive the same message.
Creation of a WeChat design
Go to the green button CREATE NEW > WeChat.
In the "About" page, enter the name of the design and select Text or News design.
WeChat Text designs
Enter the text to be sent via WeChat in the "Editor" page under the WeChat Text design label.
These designs consist of text like SMS or instant messages. Remember, however, that unlike SMS WeChat text messages cannot be personalized. You must not use functions or variables within the design.
Click the green Save button to complete the creation.
WeChat News designs
In the "Editor" page, you can compose the design as a list of article links.
By default, the design consists of a single article block. By clicking the plus sign you can add more blocks, up to the maximum of ten.
/!\ Hint: use the "Edition" and "Preview" buttons in the lower left part of the image to check how your news message will be displayed and back again to the editor.
Clicking a block allows you to set the following properties:
- Title: the title of the article, as text;
- Digest: a short summary of the article, only available when the design contains a single article;
- Picture: a preview picture for the article, no bigger than 2 MB;
- Article's content: a WeChat compliant Landing page containing the text of the article;
- Source content: link to additional content or an extended version of the article, displayed at the bottom of the article content in WeChat; you can paste a URL to a website here or select a landing page (which does not need to comply with WeChat requirements);
- Allow comments: check to enable commenting this article, uncheck to disable;
- Can comment: if comments are allowed, select if everyone can comment or only the followers of the broadcasting profile.
Consider all properties shown as mandatory: fill all available fields for each block in a WeChat news design.
Use the Delete link to remove an article from the design.
Once you have finished setting up the article blocks, use the green Save button on the left.
Testing WeChat designs
The test functionality is an integral part of WeChat designs.
To send a test, go to DESIGNER > WeChat designs and open the design you want to test from the library.
Go to the "Test" page. Type or paste the WeChat openid values for the users to receive the test, one per line. If you check the box labeled "Remember these Openids", the values you entered will be prefilled the next time you send a test.
With the Reset testers list button, you may clear the list.
Send the test by clicking the Test button.