It is often necessary to create a filter containing a certain number of contacts, e.g., 100 or 500. This guide will show you how to use the sort option, available in all filters, to achieve this goal.
Case study: Top 100 buyers
Create a new filter and make sure it belongs to the "contacts" scope.
You are going to target contacts who have made more than one purchase during the last 30 days. Go to the "conditions" tab and click on "sales behavior".
- Select "Number of products purchased" from the list.
- Enter the number of purchased products (more than 1) and the time period (last 30 days).
- Now, select the field used to sort the contacts. Click the small button saying "no sort" above the conditions.
- Select the field needed and confirm. This will sort the contacts using this criterion.
- Use the button "Ascending" (from the lowest value to the highest) or "Descending" (from the highest to the lowest).
- Click the "no limit" then enter the number of contacts you want the filter to match in the field.
We strongly recommend using a higher number than the expected size of your target. Filters are calculated before applying any blacklists, so the number of targets presented in any scenario is not necessarily the number of messages sent. A good rule of thumb is to mark up the desired number by 1/3 or a little more.