Our Shopify app will let you easily sync your Shopify Data to Splio to get the most of Splio Platform.
A Splio Project Manager will help you in the setup process to make it the smoothest for you.
The app has been built for brands and retailers using Shopify as their Master Database for Splio Platform.
Before starting the setup, you will need to:
- have a universe in a multi-lists mode with shp_id as a key
- create 2 lists: transactions and shp_accepts_marketing
- create a store with your shopify store id as external_id in Splio
- check what are the metafields you need to synchronize into Splio Platform, as you need to provide them in the setup process
As Shopify metafields can not have a date type, you should make sure to store dates in ISO 8601 format to be able to use date operators in your Splio filters.
Once you are ready to proceed, your Splio Project Manager will share with you your app install link.
This link will authorize the Splio app to be used with your Shopify Store. You just need to click on the "Install unlisted app" button once authenticated to your store (with a Store owner account or a staff account wit at least Apps, Customers, Products, Orders and Discount permissions).
If you have several Shopify Stores, make sure to authenticate to the one you want to synchronize into Splio.
Data Synchronization scope
The Splio Shopify app will synchronize the data from 1 Shopify Store to 1 Splio universe through a dedicated API user "connectors".
Shopify Customers into Splio Contacts:
Shopify Customer id is the key for Splio Contacts (shp_id).
It is important to keep in mind that each Shopify Customer will be subscribed to the transactions list and if he has a true value for accept_marketing to the shp_accept_marketing list in Splio. The Shopify accept_marketing value will be updated in Shopify in the next data synchronization of a customer (any customer update in Shopify will trigger the data synchronization).
This means that if a contact unsubscribes from the shp_accept_marketing list in Splio, he will still have an accept_markting true in Shopify (and a shp_accept_marketing true in Splio Contact custom_field) until the next data synchronization.
So for everything related to list subscriptions and blacklist, Splio is considered the primary "source of truth".
Shopify Product Variants into Splio Products:
Shopify Product Variant id is the Splio Product external_id
Shopify Abandoned checkouts and Orders into Splio Orders:
Only Abandoned checkouts and Order which have a Customer are synched into Splio Orders.
- When a checkout is created in Shopify it creates a Splio order with completed as false. This will let you build your abandoned cart campaign.
- When an order is created in Shopify, it deletes the corresponding checkout and creates an order with completed as true. If an order is updated in Shopify (fulfilled, canceled, refunded...), it will not be updated in Splio.
The setup process will create a Splio custom field for each Shopify data field that is not synched to a system field. Those custom fileds are prefixed with shp_. Never delete or rename such a custom filed to avoid breaking the data synchronization process.