Our Shopify app will let you easily sync your Shopify Data to Splio to get the most of Splio Platform.
The app has been built for brands and retailers using Shopify as their Master Database for Splio Platform.
Before starting the setup, you will need to:
- have a universe in a multi-lists mode
- create 2 lists: transactions and shp_accept_marketing
- check what are the metafields you need to synchronize into Splio Platform, as you need to provide them in the setup process
Data Synchronization scope
The Shopify app for Splio will synchronize
- Shopify Customers into Splio Contacts: Shopify Customer id is the key for Splio Contacts (shp_id)
- Shopify Product Variants into Splio Products: Shopify Product Variant id is the Splio Product external_id
- Shopify Checkout and Orders which has a Customer into Splio Orders:
- When a checkout is created in Shopify it creates a Splio order with completed as false. This will let you build your abandoned cart campaign.
- When an order is created in Shopify, it deletes the corresponding checkout and creates an order with completed as true.
It is important to keep in mind that each Shopify Customer will be subscribed to the transactions list and if he has a true value for accept_marketing to the shp_accept_marketing list in Splio. The Shopify accept_marketing value will be updated in Shopify in the next data synchronization of a customer (any customer update in Shopify will trigger the data synchronization). This means that if a contact unsubscribes from the shp_accept_marketing list in Splio, he will still have an accept_markting true in Shopify until the next data synchronization.
So for everything related to list subscriptions and blacklist, Splio is considered the primary "source of truth".
The setup process will create a Splio custom field for each Shopify data field that is not synched to a system field. Those custom fileds are prefixed with shp_. Never delete or rename such a custom filed to avoid breaking the data synchronization process.