Splio Referral is the result of an acquisition of another software. Since Splio started to sell it, an integration between Splio platform and Splio Referral has been setup.
The main principle of referral marketing relies on the synergy of three main actions:
- recommending a friend: the referrer is inviting a friend to join the brand
- sharing a promo code (gift or coupon) to one or more friends
- increasing revenue: recommending a friend implies a double outcome, because both will get rewarded
Splio Referral can be sold either with or without Splio Marketing automation platform to our customers.
The required steps of referral marketing:
1. Creating campaigns on & offline (multichannel): you can use your promo code purchasing online or in-store.
2. Sharing referral natively on all channels: Facebook, Twitter, Messenger, *Instagram
*Differently from other channels, there is no API on Instagram so the referrer is sharing the link manually by copy/pasting it into his/her Instagram account in the bio. When it comes to WhatsApp, if you are sharing the offer on desktop you shall copy-paste the link. Alternatively, if you are sharing it on mobile, you will find the WhatsApp icon displayed.
3. Increasing the customer base with qualified customers: when your active friend is purchasing, he/she becomes a new customer
4. Increasing the conversion rates of referrers & friends: both the referrer and his/her friends are incentivised to purchase, thus increasing the conversion rate
5. Boosting engagement: a returning customer is more loyal to the brand and increases her/his average shopping cart
6. Analysing KPIs on dynamic dashboards: you can check the performances of your campaigns in real-time
You cannot refer the same friend several times within the same campaign.
You cannot reward your friend by assigning loyalty points (not yet).
You cannot refer yourself.