If you are a Splio customer, there are three main players involved when it comes to synchronizing the data flow for contact and sale's data:
- Storing contacts of the referral campaign
- Updating contact info with the referral info (five custom fields on the contact's table)
- Synchronizing new customers brought by the referrer
2. Splio Referral:
- Building referral campaigns
- Storing all referral campaigns (history)
- Analysing performance (# of referrals, turnover generated, etc.)
- Splio Referral is connected to the POS/e-commerce systems
- Both systems check if the promo code is valid: API/batch connection on POS, API only on e-commerce
Synchronizing contact data
The process in a nutshell:
1. Preparing the file (CSV format) using four mandatory fields (unique ID, email, last name, first name, custom).
- If you have previously added custom fields in the "Settings", you shall ensure that these custom fields are included in the header of your file.
- The unique ID can be the email address, the SMS or a custom ID (card code)
2. Uploading through Batch: first upload through SFTP but fully automatized
3. Splio connector: ongoing API only, synchronizing the contact data flow from Splio Referral to Splio Marketing Automation only.
Because the contact data flow will be sync one direction only (Splio Referral —> Splio), we do suggest identifying the full database or selected cluster from the very beginning and starting the Referral journey from a one-action manual campaign.
After the start, two main actions are doable on your side:
1. Uploading the delta of new contacts manually in Splio Referral to plan manual scenarios on demand.
2. Adding the FTP server in Splio and scheduling a contact daily export selecting the previously set up SFTP to plan auto trigger scenarios.
The synergy between Splio and Splio Referral
Thanks to the connector it's possible retrieving useful data on the referrer's contact fields in Splio.
In Splio Referral Parameters > Preferences > Configuration, you shall add the API key and the IDs of the two lists you must create in Splio, one for synchronizing the opt-in contacts (marketing list) and the other one for synchronizing the active friends purchasing and becoming new customers (transactional list).
a) marketing list: as soon as the active friend is signing up ticking the opt-in box, he/she will be added to this list. Therefore, you can send an email marketing campaign to your opt-in contacts.
b) transactional list: when the active friend is burning the code, thus becoming a new customer, he/she will be sync in this list.
In parallel to the process detailed above, the referrer will be enriched with the below data (five custom fields being created in the contact's table):
- referral_nb_potential_referred: the counting of email the referrer is sending to his/her friend(s)
- referral_nb_converted_prospects: the counting of active friends who are signing-up on Splio Referral and getting the promo code instantly.
- referral_nb_converted_customers: the counting of active friends who burnt the promo code and became new customers.
- referral_turnover_generated: the total amount generated by the new customer only.
- referral_referrer_id: the Splio primary key of the referrer.
By the time the fields start populating, you will be able to create contact filters in Splio to reward differently the referrers who contributed to bringing active friends who converted.
Active friends are directly being created in Splio only if the primary key is the email. They are not if the primary key is different from than email. The connector will add in Splio a new record corresponding to the new customer.
Synchronising sales data
Once the POS or e-shop check if the promo code is valid, the active friend will be able to burn the promo code. To know more about the process, please check the Postman documentation.